Apr 14, 2008

NO DEAL!!!!

So Amy and I camped out for the castings of Deal or No Deal! HOLY COW! It was cold, uncomfortable, and we were about 300 people back! We had a ton of fun tho! The guy sitting next to us didn't bring a blanket or anything and he was shivering so hard his chair was shaking. We felt really bad for him.
So... to audition for the show they send you in groups of 10 and give you 20 sec. to tell them about yourself! They tell you to tell them something that will help them remember you by the end of the day... um... after getting a grand total of 2 hr. 45 min. of sleep you don't remember much of anything. Plus we were starving! All in all it was fun to hang out with a bunch of strangers (you'd be surprised what some of them were doing to get on) but I'm not sure if I'd do it again. Their were over 10,000 people there. I'm glad we ended up camping out!


We actually felt like this afterward! BUT... this was taken before we left.


Here's a look at some of the line. The front of the line was next to the bright white light.


This is how I looked, and felt after my little nap

Amy didn't actually fall asleep haha

We were almost to the front of the line!!!


That's just one of the corners full of people. The line actually wrapped around to the left and then went out the door, zig zagged through the parking lot, and then around the building! If we hadn't spent the night we would have been there till probably late that night! As it turns out... we got out of there by 10:00 a.m.

5 comments:

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

Looks like fun. Did you get a call back? If not we have the board game, you can come over and play it!

Dusty and Carol said...

Oh my stars - I was kind of sad I didn't go with you guys but have now changed my mind. Looks like YOU guys had fun. At least you can always remember how fun it was. And that guy shaking in his chair - I totally imagined it and couldn't help but laugh.

ronnieandjess said...

Looks like fun. Amy doesn't look tired at all. Ha Ha. Good Luck on getting on the show! Are you sharing your winnings? Just thought that I would ask.

Jeana said...

Doni! I'm coming home next weekend and I demand that I come over...Your house isn't at all the way it was last time I was there....3 years ago at my bridal shower!!!

The Atwood Family said...

hope you don't mind that I pirated you blog address from Megan, I am not so good at keepiong mine up but I love to look at everyone elses!!! I am going to try to do better though... My Cousin also went to the 'Deal or No Deal' line up he was like 30th in line and he actually got like a call back and had to go back with a life long friend and a family memeber, but that was as far as he got...CRAZIES!!!
Steph