Sep 11, 2008

9/11


So I know it's almost a day late but once I realized what day it was I couldn't stop thinking about what I was doing that day... I'm sure most people remember exactly what they were doing. I remember the exact moment... then I went into protect mode and blocked out a lot. I tend to do that when I feel unsafe ;) So I thought I would just write a little about it because it was such a huge part of history.

I remember getting up that morning and I had to run to town for something. Marleigh was only 3 mo. old. Weston was just 4. Alex was in the 1st grade. Trent was at work. It was an ordinary day, nice and sunny, good day to be outside. Amy came over and helped get Mar ready. I even remember the little pink striped outfit she wore from the gap. We loaded up and went to town, I don't remember anything about the trip except that we were at the C Store and Amy said... Someone just said something about a plane crashing in NY. They said it might be terrorists. They said that a couple planes had crashed. I kept thinking... No, it's got to be a coincidence! those things don't happen in America!

Really, the rest from then on was kinda blurry... I think we might have gone to my moms to watch for a min. The more I found out I got sick. I wanted to go get Alex from school. I didn't feel safe. I was glued to my TV for the next 3 weeks or so. I needed all the information I could get. And I remember crying with relief when the president spoke. Anyway... my friend had these stories on her blog of some friends of hers who experienced it first hand. Made me appreciate not living through their scare. But I can totally relate to the feelings of terror... If you get a chance read their story!!
Her story.
His story.

2 comments:

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

Thank you for sharing your story. I hope we never forget how we felt that day.

Carissa(GoodnCrazy) said...

Hey! I'm the 'HER' in her story! Thanks for telling people about our stories. We are glad to be away from all that, and we miss it too, ya know?

Carissa