Mar 1, 2009

NO SUGAR!!!

SOOOO... My personal trainer (Amy) and I are up and exercising again... At least 1 mile a day and we can't walk under 3.0! I've been going 3.5-4.0 and 2 a day! YAY ME!! Trent got in on it for about 2 secs. HAHAHA... He ran one day and I think that's all he's done! ;)


NOW... I was telling my friend Carrie that I was getting back in shape and that I was swearing off sugar! (it likes to take up residency on my hips and butt) and she decided to make it a wager! NO REFINED SUGAR! First one to cave owes the other one lunch at the restaurant of their choice!! I think Ruth's Chris sounds nice!! HAHAHA. Anyway... it's been 6 days and I've been tempted by yummy sugar cookies from the VT's, Banana Fosters, Frosting in the Fridge, and I know the Dip-n-Dots are going to be calling my name at the Jazz game on Wednesday. But, I haven't had a craving yet! From what Carrie tells me... She's pretty stubborn so this could be a LONG ride! Good thing I put my ridin' pants on!! hahaha... I hear she likes cookies! ;)

6 comments:

Happy Hausmans said...

You can do it Doni! I have a friend who keeps a small bottle of vanilla with her and when she is tempted she SMELLS the vanilla and her craving goes away. She swears by it! If you try it, let me know if it works. Have fun at the Jazz game and show those dipping dots who's boss. Love ya

Carrie said...

No worries! I didn't even eat the cookie dough last night..I CAN'T WAIT til you take me out to lunch!!!

House of Hullinger said...

I did that with friend once. I gave her candy or some goody every time I saw her. It was great fun.

The McKenna Family said...

I couldn't make it a day without sugar! I'm typing this while eating grape salad, yummy yummy! You know the kind in cool whip and brown sugar, doesn't that sound good? MMMmmmmmm SUGAR!!!!! Good luck on that one!!! Yesterday I said I was going to start a diet, today, well hmmm, I just ate 3 bowls of grape salad, so I guess the diet is over.

Trent and Amy said...

Oh man I wish I could go 1 day w/out sugar! By the way we are going to Ruth's Chris on Wed. so we will have to get salad and steak!!!! LETS GET SKINNY!!!!!!

Carrie said...

Ruth Chris, here we come!